Problem with oil pump and engine mount

2nd Gen HEMI projects and products.

Moderator: scottm

hughc

Problem with oil pump and engine mount

Postby hughc » Sun May 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi all,
I wonder if someone could help me? I am having trouble getting the oil system to fit. The pump that I bought from 440source (2001102a.jpg & 2001102b.jpg) is fouling the Schumacher Engine Mounts. The dash-12 fitting next to the pressure relief valve fouls the engine mount. You can see the limited room between the mount and a standard pump in (schumacher mount.gif).

Because I have a 0.75 inch stoker crankshaft I have to have an external oil pick up in the pan hence I require the dash-12 outlet on the pump. Also I cannot use an oil pump mounted filter because the Jensen has a massive cross member that holds together the chassis rails just in front of the engine and for this reason the Jensen used a remote oil filter for both the 440 and 383.

What I was wondering is if I could use Milodon part 21815 and whether there is a version of 21205 that Milodon say will clear the Hemi Motor Mounts but without the oil filter fitting and instead having 2 X dash-8 or dash-10 fittings. Any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Hugh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Projects and Products”