Trucks.com's Quick Facts to Know: 2019 Ram 1500
Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 pm
Trucks.com's Quick Facts to Know: 2019 Ram 1500
https://www.trucks.com/2018/05/16/quick ... -ram-1500/
The amount of new tech in the 2019 Ram is pretty amazing.The Ram 1500 has always hung its Stetson on passenger car-like ride quality and handling. The 2019 Ram 1500 combines the strengths of the previous generation with increased payload and towing capabilities. It’s also 225 pounds lighter. New technology has been added to improve fuel economy, and an available 12-inch screen boasts that the new truck is more connected than ever.
Here are notable facts about the 2019 Ram 1500.
* The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 full-size pickup truck went on sale in late March.
* Its look takes familiar Ram Trucks themes like the bold grille and distinct front fenders in a more aggressive direction.
* Available trims are Tradesman, HFE, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn and Limited.
* The Ram 1500 rides on a new frame that’s 98 percent high-strength steel for improved durability, rigidity and weight savings. The frame uses an exclusive front splayed rail design to create an efficient energy-absorbing structure for better collision protection.
* The new Ram 1500 is 225 pounds lighter than its predecessor.
* The reduction in weight was aided by switching to aluminum for the tailgate, engine mounts, front axle center section, front suspension crossmembers, transmission crossmember and steering system gear.
* The Ram 1500 is available in three wheelbase lengths: 140.5, 144.5 and 153.5 inches. The latter two are both 4 inches longer than their predecessors.
* Maximum payload is 2,300 pounds, and it tows up to 12,750 pounds.
* The standard powertrain is a 3.6-liter V6 engine with an eTorque mild hybrid system that contributes up to 90 pound-feet of launch torque. It makes 305 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque. It will be the only V6 engine offered and will be available at the end of the year.
* The optional engines include a 5.7-liter V8 Hemi, which is currently available.
* A 5.7-liter V8 Hemi with an eTorque mild hybrid system will be available this fall. The V8 eTorque adds up to 130 pound-feet of launch torque. It also delivers 395 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque.
* All 2019 Ram 1500s are equipped with computer-controlled TorqueFlite 8-speed automatic transmissions.
* Frame-mounted technology and active noise cancellation enable enhanced fuel economy.
* As the Ram 1500 approaches 35 mph, a standard active front air dam automatically extends downward 2.5 inches on non-air suspension and Rebel trim-level trucks for improved aerodynamics. On trucks with optional air suspension systems the vehicle is lowered 0.6 inches at speed similarly improving aero.
* The new truck employs an active grille shutter system that automatically closes the airflow through the grille when cooling is least needed to enhance fuel economy.
* A four-wheel drive off-road package is offered on nearly every trim. It includes a 1-inch suspension lift, electronic-locking rear differential and 32-inch on/off-road tires on 18- or available 20-inch wheels. Hill-descent control, off-road-biased rear suspension, skid plates and off-road-calibrated shocks are also included depending upon trim level.
* The 2019 Ram 1500 offers a new, longer list of active driver-assist safety technology such as adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, blind-spot monitoring and ready-alert braking.
* The 2019 Ram 1500 offers a 12-inch fully configurable touchscreen display with SiriusXM 360L and 900-watt Harman Kardon audio with 19 speakers.
* Two versions of the Uconnect connectivity system are offered. Uconnect 4 is available on the 12-inch and 8.4-inch displays, and Uconnect 3 comes on the 5-inch display.
* Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are included with the 8.4-inch and 12-inch systems.
* The Ram 1500 is equipped with five USB ports, three in front of the center console and two in the back. Three of the USB ports communicate with the Uconnect interface. The other two are charge only.
* An all-new optional wireless charging pad that accommodates a small tablet or multiple smartphones is in the center console.
* A 360-degree surround view camera system provides a birds-eye view of the truck via four cameras positioned around the vehicle.
* The high-end Ram 1500 Limited stands out among other trims with exclusive features, including a four-corner air suspension system, an electronic on-demand transfer case, exterior chrome detailing, power-operated running boards, 20×9-inch cast aluminum wheels, dual-zone climate control, a six-gauge instrument cluster with a 7-inch color reconfigurable display and power-adjustable memory pedals.
* The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 pickup truck has a base price of $31,695 plus $1,645 destination fee.
* The top-end Limited Crew Cab 4×4 V8 with standard 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen starts at $57,390 plus $1,645 destination.
* The starting price of the 2018 Ram 1500 is $27,095 plus $1,645 destination.