Stripping a marine block

Discussion of the Marine / Industrial Hemis.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

MAW

Stripping a marine block

Post by MAW »

I'm stripping down a marine 331 (M45 S) block for an automotive application. Is anyone interested in the marine specific parts being taken off?

Free - just pay for shipping costs. From SoCal.

Regards, Mark
bobd819

Post by bobd819 »

MAW, Do you still have marine accessories off block. I am interested in water pump if not worn out or badly rusted. What are you building, street rod? Bobd819
MAW

Block parts

Post by MAW »

Hi Bob,

What's left are the camshaft, inner front gear cover, drive gears, oil pan, oil pump and floating pickup, and possibly the crank.

Yes, this one will be used in a street rod.

Regards, Mark
bobd819

Post by bobd819 »

Thanks for the reply MAW.
Does anybody else know of any good used OEM water pumps or availibilty of a good used Jabsco direct replacement. Could properly get by with a set of origanal impellors for the Chrysler pump we have. Water pump on engine now still cools block but can not idle very long.
Good luck with the build MAW.
BOB
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

bobd819 wrote:Thanks for the reply MAW.
Does anybody else know of any good used OEM water pumps or availibilty of a good used Jabsco direct replacement. Could properly get by with a set of origanal impellors for the Chrysler pump we have. Water pump on engine now still cools block but can not idle very long.
Good luck with the build MAW.
BOB
I have both of the type pumps that came on the Chrysler Marine engines, the 4 impeller Chrysler and the 2 impeller Jabsco that you can still buy off the shelf new impellers.

You have to also remember to get the proper rotation pump, they were right and left hand rotation.

You can contact me at 301-277-4433.