Problem, I found common among other 03 Hemi owners!

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

kbuicker

Problem, I found common among other 03 Hemi owners!

Post by kbuicker »

Geez, deleted this thread, too many people with too much time on their hands to try and start trouble.
Last edited by kbuicker on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kevin
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

No...but I own the 03 HD Hemi truck.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
centerline

Post by centerline »

I have a new Hemi 1500 and don't have this problem at all.

To begin with I don't think its a "Hemi" problem. It's a Dodge problem.
chevy38fan

Post by chevy38fan »

I don't have TINT on my truck (If I do, its VERY LIGHT) but there is a film on it I guess because there is scratch marks on my window. I was wondering the same thing, glad I'm not the only one!
Zack
2003 RC SWB Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi
14.936 @ 90.07 MPH
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

The tint film is integrated in the glass (middle protion).
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

next
Last edited by kbuicker on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
Smilin Ted

Post by Smilin Ted »

:roll: II have a new HEMI quad cab, I do not have this tinting problem. sorry.
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

fixed
Last edited by kbuicker on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Dodge took the rap.
Last edited by kbuicker on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
moparornocar

Post by moparornocar »

I don't have these problems with my old '89 Cummins, 5 speed, first one sold in Texas, and being the senior citizen that I am I may have missed something, but how does the tinting know that it's a hemi or not?
'51 Hemi & 55 SBC, a class of their own
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

fixed
Kevin
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

yes, I have edited this,
Alex@begnal

UGHHH

Post by Alex@begnal »

People, let me tell you about a problem I had. I bought a new TV set for my livingroom. The TV stand I placed it on couldn't hold the weight, and it fell, breaking my picture tube, a coffee table and a plant stand. I called the coffee table people to try to get them to replace my TV, and they had the nerve to tell me since they didnt make the TV, the plant stand or the TV stand, they wouldn't help me.
GUYS...If Dodge didn't make the part that is defective, why should they pay to fix it?????
Try going to the manufacturer of the tint. Try going back to the dealer since under law (in New York anyway) they have to warranty it if they sold it to you.
Please leave Dodge alone with this already since they aint gonna help you!
The Best Deals On Chrysler-Dodge Jeep Vehicles See Alex at Begnal's of Catskill
518-943-4440
J

Tinting scratches.

Post by J »

I sure did on my first 03 HEMI HD. My new pickup however does not seen to have a problem possibly due to it being close to a 2004 model. :-?
2003 - HD 3/4 ton - Quad Cab - 3.73 limited slip - 4X4 - stock.
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Thanks Alex, but they do take responsibility since they did fix it, since it WAS their faulty window design (windows were aligned to tight or close to the seals) that ruined the windows..

thanks for your input though, good story.
Kevin
snowgod

waa waa

Post by snowgod »

**Too Long To Read** See the end!

Geeze what do I say. I seems that middle America has forgotten what it means to own a truck. WOW too tight tolerance of the weather strip has created scratches on my tint job on my HEMI? Where do I start. Since I am a midwestern semi-professional jerk, I'll start with the following...

1. It is a truck. Not a ricer. Not a luxury vehicle. Not a show car (er uh truck)
2. Buy, require, demand real tint.. Not the spray to match junk, the real stuff, even if it is from your dealer. You bought the truck right? It came with this tint on it? If you are concerned with things like this, from the get-go, YOU need to set your stage. If you don't like the cheap tint don't buy that truck that your dealer used match grade tint on. If you don't know what real tint is, educate yourself. If you notice, the stuff from the factory isn't film... It is embedded into the glass.
3. It is after all a truck. See #1
4. Window design? WTF are you talking about. Better your sub-grade tint film get scratched than water entering your door panel and rusting your door from the inside out. NO? I want tighter tolerances, but I don't want it to affect my tint job?
5. Strip that junk your dealer charged you $250(?) for and apply your own real tint (not the spray to match stuff)...if you are concerned about vanity. Real tint (the good stuff) will not scratch from normal window operation, felt or not. HEMI or not. Old vehicle or new.
6. Please email Dodge about your dealers crap tint? Please refer to coffee table story.
7. It is a truck. See #1.
8. Hull any size coffee table to anywhere on the planet. Hell, pull a trailer with the coffee table in it even. Why not try a 5th wheel trailer with the coffee table in it.
9. Where does HEMI fit in here? Isn't that an engine configuration. I didn't realize in my hunt for an acceptable truck that tint was bundled in with the engine. Good looking out. Thanks. (I guess).

I am a little upset by people buying trucks and thinking they are luxury vehicles. They aren't. They are trucks. They are meant to hull things. They aren't designed to autocross. They aren't meant to be in car shows. Even so, manufacturers have done a good job of making them look good, even great. They are meant to get dirty. They are meant to get sideways. They are designed to be put into four wheel drive even though there isn't snow or ice in your driveway. It is, after all, a truck. Hell, you bought one. Think to yourself why did I buy a truck? Vain? Function? Power? Tint? Why?

You are upset about scratches on your tint for God's sake. I have a solution. Don't roll your windows down??? Don't want to get scratches on that TRUCK of yours? Put it in the garage and just tell people you have a HEMI truck. You'll still be cool in my book. WOW man?

disclaimer.... I do not want to insult anyone. I am a semi-professional jerk, not an a$$hole. I do not work for Dodge. I do not own a HEMI (yet). I do not tint windows. I do and have always owned a TRUCK (the kind with a bed that moves things from A to B). Please attack me because I am from the midwest. Please attack me because I am educated. Please attack me because I don't spell or type perfectly. Please attack me because this is my first post... the usuall forum BS. etc, etc...

**Too Long Didn't Read** It's a TRUCK for goodness sake!
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Thanks snowgod, nothing else to do?
Kevin
jrboatin

Post by jrboatin »

AMEN !!!
TO THAT !!!!