I found this article on the H.A.M.B. It looks pretty
neat! Check it out.
mart
----------------
Low buck, home built dual plane
HEMI intake

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/show ... dual+plane
=================================
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike P

Re: How to Article - "Home built dual plane HEMI intake"

Post by Mike P »

Got to admire the ingenuity and workmanship. Not to take anything away from the project but here is another option that may be a bit easier if you can braze.

I picked this intake up with a bunch of parts many years ago…..it’s a modified 2BBL intake that appears to have been built with an old “U Fab it” kit sometime in the late 50’s or early 60’s. Basically the ports were milled into the end runners and them the end pieces added. The pieces go up inside the runners and maintain the integrity of the dual plane design.

It was originally set up for 3 bolt Stromberg type carbs, but I built the spacers and modified it to accept the later Rochesters (small base outboards and large base center).

I’ve been running it on the 354 in my 57 Plymouth for 5 years now to include a cross country trip and it works great. I’ve got a couple more 2 BBL intakes on the shelf and have considered trying to build a couple more of these.