New to Dodge

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Douglas

New to Dodge

Post by Douglas »

I`m a long time Ford driver that just traded a 03' Harley F150 for a 04' 1500 quadcab, Hemi. So far I`m real impressed with the truck. It feels just as strong as the supercharged 5.4 in my Harley truck stock.
Just wanted to know if there is anything to watch for during break-in? Thanks in advance....
Douglas Walter
moe74

New to Dodge

Post by moe74 »

Moe here. Congrats on the new ride. Leave the breakin oil in for the time frame indecated in the owners man. Drive it the way its going to be driven the rest of its life.
And I would keep a close check on the oil level, till you know how the engine does on oil. If you are going to use dino oil, it is a MUST to put zinc back in the oil. If you have read my other postings you rember that the EPA took zinc out of automotive oils in 1999. To get the zinc back. Just go to a Chry. or G.M, dealer, parts counter, and ask for E.O.S. Add it to each crankcase, EACH time you change oil. And dont pay more than 8-9 buks, just go to another dealer. Best oil Filter? Purolater Pure One, A PL30001 fits my 360.