I love my Ram

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Ritterkreuz

I love my Ram

Post by Ritterkreuz »

Some idiot in a Ford F-250 decided to race me from a traffic light to where the road shrinks down to a single lane. Now I have a Ram 1500 with a 5.7L engine. I'm not sure what he had other than it was an F-250. His was an extended cab, mine's a quad cab. At 2/3 throttle he was able to keep up with me, then when I put it to the floor he just fell right back.

After the race I get stuck behind a slow driving Chevy Avelanche. The guy in the F-250 then took it upon himself to tailgate me until I turned down another road.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
TheRedneckWay

ford lol

Post by TheRedneckWay »

probably a suck-crap 5.4L could have been possibly the 6.8L V10 or a powerstroke. I used to own a ford S Duty before I got my dodge, and those were the only 3 motors available in a 250 or even 350 format.
TheRedneckWay

Post by TheRedneckWay »

I tell you a truck that is to be more feared than a Ford, and that is the new Nissan Titan. I ran one the other day, and even though I beat the dumb punk @ss teenager, i was amazed how well he was able to keep up with me. I was later told that Ram Hemis only have 30 hp and 10lbs of torque on a Nissan. Guess now i know why
Ritterkreuz

Post by Ritterkreuz »

Wow, I didn't realize that Nissan had such a pwerful truck.
NASCAR Nextel Cup, the Greatest Sport Ever.
2004 Ram 4x4 1500 Quad Cab
5.7L Hemi, Sport Appearance package
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

The Nissan Titan is rated at 300 h.p. and 379 ft lb's. I have a friend that has one and they are nice trucks. They have a 32V DOHC V-8 with aluminum block and heads. These trucks are putting up 1/4 mile times in the range of high 15s- low 16's. They only come in extended Cab. I have been told that the 4wd is faster than the 2wd due to a big difference in gearing. I believe the 4wd has 4.10's, but this may be only with their off-road package.

A stock 4x4 Titan and a stock Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi would be a very good run. However the Dodge would weigh a good bit more than the Titan.
2SLO4U

titan

Post by 2SLO4U »

i almost bought a new titan because the dodge dealer here is such a pain in the arse to deal with - i came to my sences and bought a used 03 from a lot south of gainesville. never have i felt so much hard sell tactics from a dealer as this dodge dealer in Gainesville, FL - i'll never buy a truck or car from them - period.

the titan kicked butt and took no prisoners - i was very impressed with the motor, the performance and the options - like extended cab or crew cab. they were not willing to deal much on my trade so i walked - now they won't leave me alone! that titan truck is built in Missisippi somewhere...

i love my 03 hemi QC 1500. i wish dodge kept the extended cab option but that is my only gripe about my truck no a four door fan - however - it is AWESOME! even the wife likes it for towing her horses...

the titan with the tow package would be a good run for a hemi truck - same gearing as a 4x4 titan but without the extra weight of 4x4...
usedtobert wrote:The Nissan Titan is rated at 300 h.p. and 379 ft lb's. I have a friend that has one and they are nice trucks. They have a 32V DOHC V-8 with aluminum block and heads. These trucks are putting up 1/4 mile times in the range of high 15s- low 16's. They only come in extended Cab. I have been told that the 4wd is faster than the 2wd due to a big difference in gearing. I believe the 4wd has 4.10's, but this may be only with their off-road package.

A stock 4x4 Titan and a stock Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi would be a very good run. However the Dodge would weigh a good bit more than the Titan.
2003 1500 HEMI 2WD Laramie
1964 D100 426W High Performance Package
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

Remember, the 6.1 ltr Hemi will be here soon.

So, why buy a Titan when you have the biggest beast on the planet.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
usedtobert

Post by usedtobert »

Very true. 425 h.p. on Tap. Hopefully this will make it into the 1/4 tons. The article I read only mentioned using it in the SRT-8 I believe. Still, this engine in a Reg. Cab 1/2 ton would still be fast.
Hemidakota

Post by Hemidakota »

What i hear, it is first intended for the HO cars, MegCab truck, and HD trucks. Looking at the past, the HD receive the motor and then the 1500.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"