Take on a titan

Discussion about the Hemi in general.

Moderator: scottm

fast5800pdhemi

Take on a titan

Post by fast5800pdhemi »

Just wondering if any else has taken one of thos new titans with there hemi. I have and let me tell you they dont stand a chance. Off the line i pulled about one truck length ahead and stayed until about 50 mph then iu pulled even further on down the road. They dont stand a chance against the old hemi.
Dodge Boy

Post by Dodge Boy »

LOL

Thats awsome!!! Nobody should bother competing with Dodge and the legendary HEMI they wont stand a chance !!! As for that Nissan Titan.......NICE TRY NISSAN.
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

light weight kiddy truck
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
floridahemi

Post by floridahemi »

have you guys seen the commercial where the titan is pulling a boat, ect ect up a hill, and if you look closely while they're going up a hill, he passes a dodge, u can see the front end of it......i found some humor in it
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Yea, a Dodge with a 4.7 and a bigger boat. "Thats Special"
One whose life is Infecting others with Falsehood, shall fall greater than any of their Victims.
Dodge Boy

Post by Dodge Boy »

The Nissan Titan is better than the F-150 but it would never outhaul a Ram. The Ram is the best truck on the road right now and in years to come. Nissan doesn't have an engine thats even close to the HEMI's capabilities. Come to think of it, nobody does. Even in about a year when Ford and Gm come up with better engines, Dodge will just boost up the HEMI a little bit more. They are always gonna be one step ahead of the copetition. No need to worry about the Titan just yet !
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Dodge Boy wrote:The Nissan Titan is better than the F-150 but it would never outhaul a Ram. The Ram is the best truck on the road right now and in years to come. Nissan doesn't have an engine thats even close to the HEMI's capabilities. Come to think of it, nobody does. Even in about a year when Ford and Gm come up with better engines, Dodge will just boost up the HEMI a little bit more. They are always gonna be one step ahead of the copetition. No need to worry about the Titan just yet !
Fords V10 and GMs 8.1L Are of near same capability.. LOL
Dodge Boy

Post by Dodge Boy »

MG42pillbox wrote:
Dodge Boy wrote:The Nissan Titan is better than the F-150 but it would never outhaul a Ram. The Ram is the best truck on the road right now and in years to come. Nissan doesn't have an engine thats even close to the HEMI's capabilities. Come to think of it, nobody does. Even in about a year when Ford and Gm come up with better engines, Dodge will just boost up the HEMI a little bit more. They are always gonna be one step ahead of the copetition. No need to worry about the Titan just yet !
Fords V10 and GMs 8.1L Are of near same capability.. LOL
I guess GM has a half decent engine, and thier trucks arn't that bad, but Ford only wishes they could come up with an engine like the HEMI. Until they do they will have to keep scaring the compettition with the P.O.S Triton scrap metal engine.

PS: FORD EATS IT
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Yea,... I shouldn't use GM and Ford in the same sentence, thats not fare to GM
04hemi

TAKE ON A TITAN

Post by 04hemi »

You know come to think about it Nissan does show a titan pulling a fair size boat, but at least toyota for the tundra commercials show the tundra getting loaded with lumber, block or dirt! So Nissan is far from reality thinking that the HEMI would bend it over it's knee, pull down it's little panties and whip it's little butt!!! Thanks for all of this feed back guys... I am going to whamp all over the titan now!!! I am going to toy with them... shake my head at the men who bought them, and point in shame of the women whom chose to ride with them. in fact I might even get Calvin pissing on a oicture of one...
frankmaranello

Titan

Post by frankmaranello »

I can't wait to pull up beside a titan and wipe his butt!!!
All I get is these honda civics or whatever you call them trying to race me, I just pull out my can of raid and spray and they go away!!!
2006 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 HEMI
1969 Corvette 427 4 speed original
1981 Z28 Street Strip
HemE1

Re: Titan

Post by HemE1 »

frankmaranello wrote:I can't wait to pull up beside a titan and wipe his butt!!!
All I get is these honda civics or whatever you call them trying to race me, I just pull out my can of raid and spray and they go away!!!
Please tell me you meant to "whip" his butt... :wink:
2004 SWB ,Patroit Blue, Auto, 3.55
The fun begins now....
frankmaranello

Post by frankmaranello »

I meant WHIP
Thanks for the correction!!!!
2006 Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 HEMI
1969 Corvette 427 4 speed original
1981 Z28 Street Strip
fast5800pdhemi

Post by fast5800pdhemi »

if any of you guys subscribe to 4x4 magazine you may have already seen this but it does show the titan out pulling a dodge truck BUT if you look very close at the bottom of the page you see that it says in fine print that the dodge truck is equipped with standard package which means it does not have a hemi!!!!
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

fast5800pdhemi wrote:if any of you guys subscribe to 4x4 magazine you may have already seen this but it does show the titan out pulling a dodge truck BUT if you look very close at the bottom of the page you see that it says in fine print that the dodge truck is equipped with standard package which means it does not have a hemi!!!!
now that is GAY
vini1069

Post by vini1069 »

speaking of the fords, have you seen the commercial where the ford and dodge are lined up with trailers, and thye guy says it has a hemi and they start off on a hill and the ford kicks its butt? YEA RIGHT!!!!! It was hilarious anyway good for a laugh. ha ha
Fepony

Post by Fepony »

Dodge Boy wrote:LOL

Thats awsome!!! Nobody should bother competing with Dodge and the legendary HEMI they wont stand a chance !!! As for that Nissan Titan.......NICE TRY NISSAN.
You gotta be kidding....right? Anytime you want a piece of a Harley Davidson F150 just let me know. I'm not sure where you live, but since we (the nhtoc) have members everywhere, I can arrange for an HD to meet you anywhere. :D
2002 HD F150, 406rwhp 505rwtq, Tuned by Torrie. New best on street tires.
8.3@85 1/8th 13.01 1/4
freebird12345687

Post by freebird12345687 »

well considering your truck is supercharged its not quite fair now is it? 376 horsepower at the wheels huh? i'm no impressed the few turbo hemi rams that exist are easily breaking the 400 mark at the wheels with nothing more than the turbo have a nice day smart a**
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

What about the GSM Hemis making 450hp at the rear wheels? 8)
Fepony

Post by Fepony »

My truck is NOT all modded out. I have ran modded Hemi's at the strip and beat them too. We do have Harley trucks running in the 10's (1/4 mi) on pump gas. We have a few in the 500hp/600tq club. Our trucks come stock with 340hp (not rwhp) and Hemi's come with 345...they say. Stock HD's eat stock Hemi's. The stock SRT QC supposedly has 500 hp but I eat them in the 1/4 mile too... yep thats true...I ran one at the dragstrip. What does my supercharger have to do with that? 376hp vs. 500hp :-? I bought my truck for 30k out the door with every option. I invested 1k in mods. How much them Hemi's cost? How much to mod them to beat stock HD? (they run mid 14's stock) The point i'm making is dollar for dollar and resale value, HD's really rock.
8.3@85 1/8th 13.01 1/4
MG42pillbox

Post by MG42pillbox »

Fepony wrote:My truck is NOT all modded out. I have ran modded Hemi's at the strip and beat them too. We do have Harley trucks running in the 10's (1/4 mi) on pump gas. We have a few in the 500hp/600tq club. Our trucks come stock with 340hp (not rwhp) and Hemi's come with 345...they say. Stock HD's eat stock Hemi's. The stock SRT QC supposedly has 500 hp but I eat them in the 1/4 mile too... yep thats true...I ran one at the dragstrip. What does my supercharger have to do with that? 376hp vs. 500hp :-? I bought my truck for 30k out the door with every option. I invested 1k in mods. How much them Hemi's cost? How much to mod them to beat stock HD? (they run mid 14's stock) The point i'm making is dollar for dollar and resale value, HD's really rock.

lmao Dollars for Dollars, You think the HD is a real truck too. Also Hemi Ram can get into the 13s with bolt ons first. The Hemi is an extremely powerful engine from the factory. It ys the tranny that makes the #s fall a little. But when the torque management is overcome its amazing. And our trucks actually have truck-ability and dont just look like a truck like the 01/2 F150 my father worked for ford and he just laughs at what you guys call a truck. Not to mention how many he constantly ha to write up for new motor RO tickets.

The SRT-10 QC Had Ran 13.6 In the 1/4 bone stock, even though it has TM and Traction control that slightly bogs the engine off the line. I find it amazing how many Ford people find your trucks Impressive when those year 150s were so much smaller and light than Dodges. And I love your 1 star Crash test Ratings. Now that the F150 is a real truck, its gutless as hell. :D
firepower354

Post by firepower354 »

So, despite having a crappy trans, lame programming, and a couple hundred pounds of extra fat it's better because the "hemi" badges? She's fat and ugly but has a great heart...... How big's a truck gotta be? I'm 6'2, 280 and fit fine in the F truck. Unless it's the whole "overcompensation issue", I can't understand driving more truck than you can find room to park.

Are these 13 second bolt-ons JATO rockets? A stock HD/Lightning will rip the gaudy headlights out of the Dodges! Add a pulley and cat-back and run actual Chrondeck numbers in the 13's all day. Lets see the timeslips guys!

Comparing to a well designed, emissions legal, warranteed supercharger from the factory is unfair, but an ultra limited edition, no cargo Viper V10 truck or an aftermarket turbo is?????? Dollars vs legal ponies is big F's strong suit.

If you gotta tow stuff, there's no excuse not to have a Super Duty, other than they're as ugly as the Dodge. Quiet, smooth, fast. A few bolt-ons and they run low 14's and still out pull everything on four tires.

I'm a huge hemi fan, just don't go applying mystical powers to the logo.
Fepony

Post by Fepony »

I just thought i'd drop in on your forum and see what all the fuss is about. I own a 2002 Harley Davidson F150. I'm NOT here to flame your trucks! I just wanted to compare my performance to yours. It appears there is NO comparison. My truck weighs in at 5600#. Here is the slip #'s from my last trip to the dragstrip. I made 13 passes and they were all within .202 of each other. All on pump gas and street tires.

RT .325

60' 1.983

330' 5.687

1/8th ET 8.74

1/8 mph 80.51

I usually run at Breakaway in PC, Fl. or Dothan dragway in Cottonwood, Ala. Anyone here want to race? Just PM me and i'll meet you at either strip. My truck IS NOT all modded up. I have K&N, small pulley and tune. Anyone that don't believe me, come on down! I love the taste of Hemi's. (they taste like chicken)....hehehe (wink)

Post by MG42pillbox »

Fepony wrote:I just thought i'd drop in on your forum and see what all the fuss is about. I own a 2002 Harley Davidson F150. I'm NOT here to flame your trucks! I just wanted to compare my performance to yours. It appears there is NO comparison. My truck weighs in at 5600#. Here is the slip #'s from my last trip to the dragstrip. I made 13 passes and they were all within .202 of each other. All on pump gas and street tires.

RT .325

60' 1.983

330' 5.687

1/8th ET 8.74

1/8 mph 80.51

I usually run at Breakaway in PC, Fl. or Dothan dragway in Cottonwood, Ala. Anyone here want to race? Just PM me and i'll meet you at either strip. My truck IS NOT all modded up. I have K&N, small pulley and tune. Anyone that don't believe me, come on down! I love the taste of Hemi's. (they taste like chicken)....hehehe (wink)

And Firepower,
Dodge doesn't even make a performance oriented Hemi truck Platform, out stock regular trucks are getting into the 13s with Bolt ons. His name is Hemi777 he ran a 13.7 With $200 with bolt ons, the big different was he overcame the tranny (torque management). He is now Running 12.4s with only a 125 shot of Nitrous, He tried 175 shot, but cannot hook up what so ever even with 2 spare tires and a tool box in the back. The Hemis are awesome.
Fepony

Post by Fepony »

Well the Harley truck is NOT Fords performance line either. It is NOT an SVT. If you want to compare the performance line then it would be the Lightning. Which turns 12's stock. My performance parts are a small pulley ($125), SCT and dyno tune ($425) and K&N. I have some cosmetic mods ($350) but as far as performance goes that is all i have. My truck does low 13's 1/4 and 8.7's 1/8th. NO juice and with an automatic.

Every Hemi I have raced at the strip has lost. How much them Hemi's cost? $40k?

The thing that makes the HD so special is it is a numbered special Edition with all leather (HD type leather) interior. You can't compare the workmanship in this truck to ANY other Ford truck. The resale value is awesome.

I thought the "Hemi" was a performace line...as opposed to the "magnum" line.

All the Hemi guys I've raced at the strip were pretty nice.
8.3@85 1/8th 13.01 1/4