I have been trying to find specs on this Weiand intake

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

comet

I have been trying to find specs on this Weiand intake

Post by comet »

Looking at this for my 392, but Weiand doesn't have a site and I can't find any more info than on the Hot Heads site. Anyone running one of these? How do you like it?
http://www.hothemiheads.com/intake_mani ... e_2x4.html
TrWaters

Post by TrWaters »

Early hemi to late sb Mopar trans adapters. Precision billet parts for early hemis.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

What specs are you tring to find?

The 7623 is lighter, has straighter and larger ports, and fits all Chrysler early Hemi combos nicely. Jegs Summit or Dale Welch sell them for about 300 bucks.
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

I ran one on my 392 with 2 Edelbrock 600's for a while. It looked great, but ran 2 tenths slower at the dragstrip than my Hot Heads single four bbl. manifold with a Holley 750 vac. sec. carb. I went back to the single four setup and sold the dual four setup on Ebay.
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda
hemi4t

Post by hemi4t »

I am running one now and it performs well. I'm using two 600 cfm eldebrock carbs with progressive linkage. It has good response from idle up.
vintage dirt

Post by vintage dirt »

I am running one of these on my .030 over 331 '54 hemi with 12.5 pistons, roller cam and a magneto in my dirt track car. I've got two adaptors and am running two big Rochedter 2GC carbs and everything works well, I don't think this is what you need, but I thought I'd chime in.

Denny
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

"12.5 pistons, roller cam and a magneto" with "running two big Rochedter 2GC carbs" neat, next is more compression and Hilborn? :D
vintage dirt

Post by vintage dirt »

Injection is a no-no with the group I run with. Quite frankly, looking good is more important where we are. We really don't want to destroy these historic old cars. I hit the wall three years ago and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Denny
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

Vintage dirt, got pictures?

Lee
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
vintage dirt

Post by vintage dirt »

Lee,

I've got them my computer at work; I'll get them and post them tomorrow. Thanks for the interest; I was starting to think this forum was dead. (I am also on the Flathead V8 forum, and they get about 7 new entries a day.) Nice to see someone is interested. When I go to races in the hinterlands, I get lots of comments that it's a "flathead Ford' (see, the plugs are in the middle of the heads"). Oh well, it's my cross to bear, and there are some people out there that know what's up and appreciate the car.

Denny
comet

Post by comet »

Thanks for the info. guys. 392Heminut, that is interesting. This would be going in a Model A styled in the late 50's/early 60's. While I do want to run it at the track, most of the time it will be cruising or sitting looking pretty. I've read lots about the single four being a better performer, but I can deal with a 2 tenths loss since it's not going to be a drag racer first and foremost. That's why I'm looking for dual quads. I thought about a multi carb/Stromberg set up, but decided against it for a few reasons.
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

"I get lots of comments that it's a "flathead Ford' " I would think it was an Aurburn conversion, for the econo minded....... :P
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

vintage dirt wrote:Lee,

I've got them my computer at work; I'll get them and post them tomorrow. Thanks for the interest; I was starting to think this forum was dead. (I am also on the Flathead V8 forum, and they get about 7 new entries a day.) Nice to see someone is interested. When I go to races in the hinterlands, I get lots of comments that it's a "flathead Ford' (see, the plugs are in the middle of the heads"). Oh well, it's my cross to bear, and there are some people out there that know what's up and appreciate the car.

Denny
I hate to say it but this site is kind of dead comparied to moparts, forabodiesonly, and bigblock.com. I'm an early Hemi person so I look her a lot to see if anything is new and post some times. I really don't have any experience in these motors yet, but...........one of these days.

Lee
Last edited by Moparlee on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
Bailiesdad

Post by Bailiesdad »

"this site is kind of dead comparied to moparts"

If someone weeded all the nonsense that site would be 15-20% of its current post level.
hemidup

Post by hemidup »

I love this site because everyone is up front and honest without the BS. It's slow and easy going. Suit's my still anyway. :wink:
392 Blown Hemi
392heminut

Post by 392heminut »

Bailiesdad wrote:"this site is kind of dead comparied to moparts"

If someone weeded all the nonsense that site would be 15-20% of its current post level.
Boy, ain't THAT the truth! :roll:
Owner of the Poor Man's Hemi Cuda