Performance Exhaust and Warrantee

Discussion of the 5.7L-6.1L-6.4L HEMIs.

Moderator: scottm

Performance Exhaust and Warrantee

Post by Guest »

Hello Fellow Hemi-ans! :) New Novice owner here! 2003 RAM 1500 Quad Cab, SWB, Infinity-7, 275/55R20's, Tow-3:19, Graphite/Silver, 740 miles.

My Query is: I would like to install a dual exhaust (catback) on my truck but would like to know if there is any issue with the 7/70 drivetrain warrantee by doing so. If there is NO issue then would really appreciate a recommendation (brand/style) and would like to know if there would be any HP gain with the mod. I don't want it to be so loud as to cancel the wonderful Infinity Audio System but would like it a bit louder than stock. Thanks in advance to all answers.

Jim
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

You will not loose your warranty on anything but the muffler or cat, depending on whether or not you change both. Since your in a truck, and a 4 door one at that, the exhaust system will not be near as loud inside as out. My favorite company for exhaust is SLP Loudmouth. It is basically a muffler that resonates, rather than muffling, but you still pass emissions with no problem. The estimate I got from Meinikie (or however you spell it) was $270. That included pipes, muffler, hi-flow cat, tips, and labor. The SLP might affect your sound system, espcially at full-throttle, but just turn it up a little louder. If that is a little too loud for your taste, then go with flowmater. It is a low pitched rumble that is loud, but not enough to even phase your sound system. Flowmaster is what I have, but it isn't quite loud enough for me, I'd rather have SLP. But, my suggestion for you is flowmaster muffler with a hi-flow cat (the cat will make it a little louder). You wont loose your warranty on engine or anything as long as someone outside the dealer doesn't mess with your engine.
Hemidakota

Re: Performance Exhaust and Warrantee

Post by Hemidakota »

Amazed_Z wrote:Hello Fellow Hemi-ans! :) New Novice owner here! 2003 RAM 1500 Quad Cab, SWB, Infinity-7, 275/55R20's, Tow-3:19, Graphite/Silver, 740 miles.

My Query is: I would like to install a dual exhaust (catback) on my truck but would like to know if there is any issue with the 7/70 drivetrain warrantee by doing so. If there is NO issue then would really appreciate a recommendation (brand/style) and would like to know if there would be any HP gain with the mod. I don't want it to be so loud as to cancel the wonderful Infinity Audio System but would like it a bit louder than stock. Thanks in advance to all answers.

Jim
MNC has answered this one.

However, on performance, there is no gain with the exception of the muffler. Why? It is already engineered no less than 2 percent from any aftermarket product. That includes any known tube headers.
Steve
Future Purchase: 2006 Charger SRT-8/2006 MegaCab 6.1 Hemi
"Coming soon 600HP SRT-10 to pull the SRT-4 & SRT-8 Charger to the track!"
mnc2886

Post by mnc2886 »

Tis true, no noticeable horsepower gain, but it sounds more powerfull. :) And I don't know if this is true, but I got an estimate for headers since it makes the exhaust sound a little better, and I was told you run the risk of blowing a gasket. I have heard that from meinikie, another exhaust and brake shop, and my dealer. Do you know if that is true? (Directed toward hemidakota.)
StangN

Post by StangN »

We just got a dual exhaust and performance muffler installed for $225. The same guy also installed a bedliner, chrome rails and a hitch. Ill post pics on StangN.com later this week :D .
kbuicker

Post by kbuicker »

Trucks on SPIKE TV worked on their Hemi, used MagnaFlow cat back system with new headers.. oh my goodness t sounded great!! I looked up their systems, $500-600! ouch.
Kevin
mtbenedict.ct@netzero.net

Post by mtbenedict.ct@netzero.net »

I am going to be installing a Flowmaster 40 Series on my 1500 Hemi Quad Cab tomorrow, $125 at the local Minekee for the muffler and work. I had this same muffler on my Dakota with a 318 V 8 and it sounded mint! I will post and let you know how it sounds once I get it back tomorrow.
Click Link Below to See My Truck:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... 48edc8.jpg

Thanks
Mike
hp+

cats

Post by hp+ »

I put dual exhaust xpipe configureation,no cats,tried flowmasters did not like.Put flow pros on great sound noticeable improvment in hp really revs out.