392 HEMI swap into '65 Coronet

Discussion of the 331-354-392 HEMIs.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

scottm

392 HEMI swap into '65 Coronet

Post by scottm »

Because it's always worth sharing a cool project...

1965 Dodge Coronet 440
http://www.thehemi.com/registry.php?id=0167

8)
Moparlee

Post by Moparlee »

That will be cool.
392 Hemi
354 cracked and needs a sleeve
241 or 270 the only running one I have
340/E-brock heads/six-pack/4-speed/mini tubed/spool-64 Valiant
Hemi392_B-Body

Updating the pages

Post by Hemi392_B-Body »

I apologize for the slow updating of the pages. While it's beginning to get colder up here in the Pacific Northwest, time and money, along with atypical, "Honey Do's" have not allowed me to spend a lot of time on the car. I have removed the front end group, fenders etc., along with the passenger side door, windows and trim. An update on this will soon follow. The car has still shown to be in excellent condition, with minimal surface rust here and there. Once I get the doors off, weld in a couple support angle iron pieces, I'll roll the car onto it's side, and begin the cleanup on the bottom.

Starting on the drivers side door, when other projects brought me to a halt. The web pages have been modified, and I'm now adding the Java Script to the second page. It's slow going for an amateur, so please bear with me on the scripting of the pages.

I have received a lot of "hits" from the Hemi.com link, thanks Scott, so it does appear, there is some interest in this project.

I need to change my log in name, HemiDart392 doesn't fit anylonger. This engine was designated to go into a '72 Dart, but then I found this Coronet. It screamed at me...TAKE ME HOME!...so the Dart was sold off.

Bob
Paul

Post by Paul »

If fenagling your x memeber becomes a prob. You can always E' me a picture. Extra input can only assist in forming a hypothesis. I haven't done that exact build however, have learned the hard way on a few others later Paul.
Hemi392_B-Body

Cross Member

Post by Hemi392_B-Body »

Paul:

Actually, the clearance is spot on, no problems at all with the exception of the drivers side header. I've cut, fit, cut, fit, weld, fit, cut, weld...till I finally took over to a pro welding shop, it should be done about now. The center pickup stock Hemi pan works well, lots or room. Matter of fact, once that header work is done, we'll get to it full bore. The weather has taken it's toll on us here in the Pacific Northwest, which slows the progress, but I'll be at it again soon.