Intake cast number

Help with decoding your Hemi engine.

Moderators: scottm, TrWaters, 392heminut

Moparswede

Intake cast number

Post by Moparswede »

Hello all!
I´m new at this board, I´m interested in a 58 coronet with 354 hemi, the only numbers a got from owner are the intake cast number 1735774-2 DD C1D H Number on manifold near oil cap
and 1733997 Number near where hose feeds into radiator, anyone who knows were engine came from
The owner says it´s stock but I´m not sure. It shouldnt been any hemis for 1958 Dodges or have I wrong.

Regards.....Roger Nilsson,Sweden
George

Re: Intake cast number

Post by George »

First off, you don't have a 354 Chrysler. The car came stock with a 325 Dodge Poly(based on the Hemi block). The intake number is for a '57 D500 325 Dodge Hemi. Either someone swaped the Poly for a Hemi, or converted the Poly to Hemi. There should be a code on a flat in front of the valley pan. It it's readable post them, that will tell what you got.
Moparswede

Re: Intake cast number

Post by Moparswede »

Thanks for your help George! I´m not interested in the car anymore, but it´s still interesting why it has a hemi.
My guess are that someone put 57 dodge hemi heads and intake on the stock 325 poly engine, might been done already at the dealer, if the owner convince the dealer that he want a hemi, who knows!!

Regards....Roger